Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ups and Downs

Thursday afternoon I began to have really bad pain in my lower back. Hours later, the pain had shifted to my legs - mostly in/around my knees. I was up throughout the night because it hurt so bad, and Friday morning all my bones and muscles ached... except my back and knees were the worst. We called to make sure this is normal - and it is. All the chemo drugs, and the steroid, cause muscle weakness which strains the joints. They have been having me do squats at the visits to make sure my muscles weren't too weak. It appears as though it all hit me on Thursday.

Friday was rough, but the weakness and pain weren't as bad as they had been through the night. I went out to lunch with family and that took a lot out of me- I felt really exhausted and nauseated halfway through and we left early. I rested the rest of Friday and finally got a full night's sleep.

Saturday I woke up feeling much better, but with some weak knees and pain in my legs still. I was able to attend my brother's graduation party and after parties with both families without getting sick. I was worn out by last night and took a break, but had a really good day!

This morning I woke up and went to breakfast with family before they left. Aside from some knee pain and bad neck pain, I was feeling fine and took some tylenol. During breakfast, though, I started feeling nauseated and clammy. My mom brought us home and I immediately threw up. My stomach felt better after that, and I slept for four hours. I ate lunch and my stomach feels good now... although my neck pain is awful and I have a headache. Hopefully I can see the chiropractor tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. We are so sorry you have had such a rough time. Natalie has had a lot of nausea too. This new phase as been a little rough on her. She did so good with induction and we really thought the second phase would be even easier but with different meds. you never know. Maybe the 2nd phase will be great for you. I hope so!
    Hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the results from the doctor's office that jake's 28 day bone marrow was clean clean clean and he is in remission!
    Thanks to all of you have been saying prayers for Jake and sending us healing and positive energy and thoughts.

    Jake's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. tess and WoMama say "that is supercalifrgileisticly good news." We love you<3 It was very good to see you looking so well even if you are bald. =)

    ReplyDelete