Friday, May 8, 2009

Jake is Online!

Thanks to my Auntie Dawn, everyone can keep track of my life with cancer with this blog.

I was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia on Tuesday, April 28, 2009. I have since received countless loving messages in the mail, e-mail, through texts, calls, and facebook messages. It is difficult to appropriately update everyone in a quick time, so I thought for all things Jake & Health related, I will refer family and friends to this site.

I was released from the hospital on Monday, May 3. It is highly likely I will end up in the hospital again before my first four-weeks of "Induction" will be over - although I'm shooting to be in the minority on this statistic.

My family and I cannot say Thank You enough to everyone who has sent food, gifts, and good wishes to us this past two weeks. If anyone is wondering what they can do to help, I strongly encourage you to donate platelets! Donating blood is crucial, and I needed some during my stay at the hospital. But I needed much more platelet transfusions - donating them is similar to donating blood, it just takes a bit longer and it is not as popular. Please donate platelets and help other leukemia patients like me. After all, we are all in this together!

I will hopefully have more information as far as groups and centers to donate to, websites to go educate yourself, etc... but this is it for today! Thanks for stoppying by and sending positive thoughts!

Yes, We Can!

1 comment:

  1. once again...your amazing and I love you!-rae

    ReplyDelete