Thursday, May 28, 2009

Done with "Induction"

This morning I completed the first phase of Induction which lasted 28 days. I had a procedure where they gave me some chemo in a spinal tap and took a bone marrow aspiration to check for leukemia cells - we should hopefully have the results, that I'm officially in remission, tomorrow. They also removed the PICC line, which means I can shower normally now and not have tubes hanging out of my arm... yay!

I'm really exhausted from the past week, have no energy, and my muscles are really weak. Other than that, feeling good. My arms are so weak that when I lifted a magazine up to read earlier, my hands were shaking. This is from the steroids still in me, or the anastesia from this morning, or both. My uncle is coming over to shave my head again since I haven't lost any hair... I'd rather look bald than have a little hair that you can't do anything with.

Family is all arriving tomorrow for Cheyne's graduation this weekend. Hopefully I'll get a good night's rest and have a bunch of energy by the morning! I'm off from chemo or any procedures until Monday June 8 and have a ton of plans for next week because I should be feeling really good! Movies, lunch and dinner dates with everyone, getting to the gym, a day trip to Flag...

3 comments:

  1. Jake - So all things considered, you are definitely kicking ass!!! Hope you can say "ass" on the blog, but seems appropriate cuz you are a amazing. So appreciate you keeping us all up to date with your messages.

    I know you will get good results tomorrow, get lots of energy and be ready for a great graduation weekend with your bro the comedian. I think the two of you may have a late nite comedy show in your future - love reading your messages to one another!

    So glad you are on break until the 8th and no more steroids. Can't believe it has been 28 days....

    Looking forward to seeing you Saturday! Have a great Friday!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake ~
    We are so happy to hear you are doing better. We did just miss you Tuesday. One of these days we'll end up at the clinic on the same day or something. Your blog is awesome. Your doing a great with all the details and everything. Natalie enjoyed the break so much and now is on phase 2. Tuesday was the first dose of the new meds. so Wednesday was not very good. She was really sick to her stomach all day. Today was 100 times better so hopefully her body is used to it now. She got her port and that was easy. Can't wait to hear your "in remission". Those are beautiful words to hear! Talk to you soon. Sharon and Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jake-
    Glad to hear that you are doing better. My best wishes are with you!

    Carly

    ReplyDelete