Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day

I woke up this morning with enough energy and spunk to make (if I say so, myself) an amazing breakfast for mom, rob, cheyne and I. Cheesy scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, tortillas, and apple sauce! By the time I was done cooking, I had to lay down again... although-- it was totally worth it.

I knew how special my mom and family was before this part of my life, but I can't imagine living day-to-day with cancer without such a fantastic and loving mother!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you were up to cooking!
    I had thought about getting you a journal because I know how gifted you are at writing, but the blog is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had we known we would have been there! Hope you like what D&M sent you (if not receipt should be in the box). I'm glad you had a good day! I heard about Nonnie's plan for her hair do...I will certainly be there for pics! You rock my sweet boy!

    love,
    dawny

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a great son! I'm glad you had energy yesterday. I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

    Love,
    Cuz

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you cook!?! What can't you do my friend!? You having this blog is such an awesome idea. Great job to Auntie Dawnie for getting it going. So glad you are home. And yes you have an amazing Mom and family. She is truly wonderful and deserved those cheesy eggs!! Makes me smile to see you blogging! Hope this week is good for you!

    Much love!
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey shelby! i'm 'booked' this week pre-chemo...

    next weekend/early next week would be a great time for you to visit, maybe have dinner with us or something - i'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to come visit and see that new buzz cut!! I will bring you some Serrano's bean dip! Have a good week....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jake! It's Abby. I just really wanted to see if this blog thing relly worked, but I love you and I am always there for you. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete