Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chemo day

My last treatment of the first phase, Induction, was this morning. We spoke to the doctors about yesterday's events... they told us that all of my heart issues are related to the steroids and to anxiety. My heart is strong and healthy, and should be back to feeling normal after I'm off prednisone (Wed). I get a break now until Monday June 8 from chemo, and should feel pretty good after this weekend. I don't know if this means I will be able to travel to Flagstaff for a day to visit friends and eat at my favorite places (Martannes & Burritos Fiesta)... but we will see. I will start to lose the fat I've been storing, lose my crazy appetite, and lose all of the other crazy symptoms associated with the steroid. The next phase is a bunch of different drugs and protocol, so while they tell you what to expect... we really won't know how I do until it happens.

So far today I feel good and hopefully I don't have a rough weekend - like last weekend! My counts were up again today even more and I FINALLY can have fruits and vegetables! I'm so excited... I haven't had lettuce in a month - so we got my Subway sandwhich on the way home from the clinic today. I also can go out once I feel up to it - the movies! And I should be looking/feeling good for next weekend when my brother graduates and all of our family and friends are in town.

Overall good news for today!

2 comments:

  1. Jake,

    Keep going and be strong. I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your progress. Lori and I and the girls have full faith that God will heal you. we love you and look forward to seeing you this winter when we head back to Phoenix.

    Best wishes for a fast recovery,

    Your uncle Mike from STL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, Lori, Kristin, & Lauren :

    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad you were told about the blog - that way you can keep up to date with all of my progress. I, too, look forward to seeing you all during the holidays when I'm absolutely cancer free :) Until then... Love, Jake

    ReplyDelete