Sunday, August 2, 2009

Waiting

Thursday I saw the doctor for a count check: most everything was higher than Monday, but most of my levels were still extremely low. Since I was "borderline" for transfusions, the doctor said he assumed my counts would be coming up because I was feeling relatively good. The past couple days have been boring as usual, but I'm glad to be feeling better. I get nauseated every day, waves of the dry-heaves come over me, but then pass. It's annoying but of all the symptoms I've had the past three months... this is one of the least worrying, and one of the least painful. I go Monday to see how my blood has done over the weekend, and also to get my last dose of chemo for Consolidation... then I get almost two weeks drugs-free before I start Interim Maintenance. This next two-month phase is supposed to be much easier, they promise. We'll see! My fall semester, all online, begins at the end of this month. I'm taking 18 units but none of them should be killer. Then I'll graduate December 11, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk. I'm applying to NAU's Masters in Education program (grades 7-12, social studies) that operates in Phoenix and begins in January. I'll be a full-time student (keep my insurance) and then once I graduate in May 2011 I can get a job with a school district (get my own insurance)!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jake! Keep battling! And I fully expect you to at least intern with me for your social studies! You'd be great at AP Gov and Econ! I'm sure Hermanski will try to steal you over to history, but I have dibs! : )

    ReplyDelete