Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to basics

Well I've been feeling better after the blood products last week and this week. I still get nauseated throughout the day, and I also have had some forearm and hand pain from the chemo Vincristine. That's the drug that has made my fingertips (sometimes legs) numb and tingly.

I finally got to drive again yesterday - it's been two months since I last drove! I ran some errands today and finished up my grad school paperwork... It's all official now! I just have to wait a few weeks to hear back. I'm back to eating fruits & vegetables, which is great news because my wheat allergy (which causes my bad excema to flare up) is beginning to reveal itself again. The last three months I could eat whatever I wanted without my skin going crazy... perhaps it was the steroids or the really harsh drugs that made it go away. I guess that's the only good thing about re-induction later this year and the steroids I'll have to take again - bread, pizza, pasta, flour tortillas..

Also - since I got out to play in the real world, it's been months since I have been able to do a lot of 'normal' things that I actually enjoyed doing today. Things like driving, ordering at the drive-thru, filling out a bank deposit slip, going to the post office... I'll try never to take these things for granted again! It may sound crazy... but just lock yourself in a house for two months and you'll see what I mean. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment