Friday, August 14, 2009

Dirty little counts

Well, surprise surprise. While my hemoglobin and platelets were normal levels today, my neutrophils and white cells were low. Too low to start chemo on Monday, so they are giving me another week. Too low to eat fruits and vegetables, which I have been doing all week. But hey - the docs told us last Monday that I was "good to go" for Flagstaff and that I should enjoy this week and the previous one. It's impossible to know what my immunity is doing, because I cannot tell when they are low (unlike the other blood counts). Sure - I love not getting chemo, but I'll be pushing the end of the year close with every week treatment is pushed back. And if I'm accepted into the M.Ed program, it will be pushing into that. So these 'breaks' as they are called are definitely a double-edged sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment