Monday, June 15, 2009

Where's all the blood go?

Today's clinic visit went smooth as always. My neck pain has been worse than usual today, and the nausea has yet to sink in after today's chemo - but it's only noon... Tomorrow we have to go back to the clinic to get two blood transfusions because my hemoglobin, like I had thought, had dropped pretty low. This week will be pretty rough again and the nurses told us that this phase (June and July for me) is usually the toughest one for patients, than it will get steadily much better. Thank you jesus. I've got plenty of Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs and movies that I've DVR'd to keep me company these two months... since all I want to do while I'm feeling so crappy is lie down!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your neck was worse today. Heard you got a good nap. Hope the massage table brings some good relief. Just think... it won't always be this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and wish I could have been there for you today! Bad mommy!! You are so tough and I am so proud of you for each and every day you conquer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...I'm sitting at work and I realize that it is absolutley my job to try and convince you to read Twilight. I have many supporting points for this idea:

    1. I already know you love Buffy, which means you already love Vampires.
    2. It is, hands down, the BEST series I have ever read.
    3. IF...by some fluke...you read it and are not 100% in love with it, I will forever be in debt to you (but that will NEVER happen beacuse it is simply magnificant).
    4. IF you read the book, you can see the movie, and the cast of Twilight is ridiculously attractive. BUT, you can only watch the movie if you have read the book...because the movie does not do the book justice, it's just fun to watch all the pretty people try and recreate such an amazing work of literature.
    5. You should trust me and just do it. If you get four chapters in and do not love it...you can yell at me for wasting your time. If you get four chapters in and LOVE IT (which you will), no need to thank me...we can just gossip about it on facebook (once I'm not at work...since FB use is frowned upon by my employer).

    P.s. Hope you kick today's ass! Stay strong. :)

    ReplyDelete