Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day by day

Friday was really rough. I woke up with nausea that quickly became extremely uncomfortable and didn't pass until the afternoon. I went to my doctor's appointment and they said that I already have the strongest anti-nausea meds and that they can't really prescribe any better. So tough there. My neck has still been bugging me a lot, too, and so they are going to set me up with physical therapy - which will be good for all of my joints and muscles, too. My blood counts were lower and will continue to drop while I'm in this phase.

Yesterday I felt decent (because I didn't get a shot on Friday, I think).. I felt great compared to the past two weeks. I worked on some of my paper and went out with Cheyne. We ran a couple errands and saw The Hangover. It was hysterical and should be seen by anyone who appreciates vulgar, absurd comedy like my brother and I.

Today I woke up with a bad neckache and that hasn't gotten too much better. My grandma and I went to see The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3, which I would have enjoyed a lot more had I not started getting nauseated (it's still very good!). I considered having us leave, but didn't, and laid down when I got home and took some meds. I'm getting light-headed when I stand up and my pulse is higer, which may mean my hemoglobin is getting lower. Tomorrow morning we go into the clinic for chemo & spinal tap... and possibly a blood transfusion or two if my hemoglobin is low. I'm getting the same shot of chemo that I got last week this week, Monday through Thursday. Let the fun begin again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment