Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nausea blows

Last months chemo was rough the first time, and got better throughout the month (except for the blood clot). They released me from the hospital last night, which was a nice surprise. The surgery went well, and I didn't have a reaction to any of the new drugs. But when I got home the nausea started to kick in. I couldn't eat much for dinner. The nausea got worse and I had to take one of the pills that causes drowsiness to help take the edge off - I slept for 12 hours. Last night my chest was sore from the surgery and my neck was in severe pain. This morning I woke up feeling a lot better than last night, and I ate a normal breakfast... but progressively the nausea has gotten worse today. I have had no appetite since breakfast. The pain meds have helped my chest & neck. Life kinda sucks right now - and I hope everything gets better soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jake,

    Do you read the comments here? This subtitle is interesting because nausea + blows = barf. The previous post mentioned that when the port is removed you'll have a small bump on your chest. Would that be called a thripple (a third nipple)or a nubbin? That would be pretty cool. I hope that makes you smile during all of the suckiness. Love you buddy,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. JAKE! I LOVE YOU! Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe that was from me - LYD :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dave! and Lyd! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete