Monday, July 20, 2009

Fighting back

Started week 6 of Consolidation today, which meant an Ara-C shot and a doctor's visit. My counts - to everyone's surprise - held relatively steady from last Monday. My body is cursing chemo and holding its own! Even so, I am still nauseated every day but it is manageable. I get lightheaded and short of breath when I get up from sitting or laying down, and shooting pains up my lower back and legs. These aren't horrible, though, and the doctor wasn't too concerned about them. I get three more chemo shots this week and I take chemo pills every night until next Monday. My body isn't invincible - I know, shocking - and my counts will be diving soon. Wednesday night I have a ticket to see Wicked at ASU which I bought way back in February... it seems very possible that the large dollar amount I spent on it will not go to waste, and that I will be able to go if I feel good enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment