Sunday, November 1, 2009

Steroids - Part Deux


I am tired and exhausted. I have no energy. My face looks weird and is turning round. My head is aching. My body is aching. My face gets hot and flush throughout the day. I am moody, but mostly just grumpy. I am constipated. I don't have much of an appetite. I have problems focusing on my schoolwork. I don't really care about my schoolwork. I feel so weak.

If this is not from the chemo drugs - and, five days out, I doubt it - it is from the new steroid I am on this phase, dexamethasone. I'm on day 5 of 7 right now, and then have a week without it, and then another week on it.

I know Maintenance is right around the corner... but can this damn treatment be over, already?

2 comments:

  1. Yah baby!! Everyday we can check another day off:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was a way to transfer some of your pain from you to me I would sign up right now. There are so many people that love you and care so deeply about you that would probably do the same thing. I love your transparency in sharing all of this with us - it is a brave thing to do. So I thank you for doing this. I pray too that you know how valuable and gifted you are every day, even on those days that really suck any good feelings out of you. You are a warrior and a friend.

    peace,

    Unkie

    ReplyDelete