Saturday, November 14, 2009

One day and week at a time

Well this week on chemo and steroids has been slightly less horrific than two weeks ago. In fact, it has been much better: no halter monitors, no skipping heart beats, no constipation. My mood has been stable so far (we've got until Tuesday people, though) and since yesterday I have had plenty of energy to work on my school work. I had the usual exhaustion, fatigue, body and head aches, and general not-feeling-well, but I keep reminding myself that the end - the end to all of this high-dose, highly-toxic CRAP - will be over in just a matter of weeks now. And so I think I'm too excited to actually be getting back to a normal life and normal routine, that I just don't care how much I suffer the next few weeks... the light at the end of the tunnel is within reach now! Take a look, I pretty much have four more weeks left before Maintenance:

This week (11/15-11/21) : Stop steroids Tuesday, no chemo, and a count check with oncologist on Tuesday.

Next week (11/22-11/28) : Chemotherapy shots (ARA-C) 4x /week, oral chemo nightly (6MP), and a spinal tap procedure (Methotrexate) with IV-Cytoxin (final dose ever).

Week of (11/29-12/5): Chemotherapy shots (ARA-C) 4x/week (12/4 scheduled to be my last dose ever!) & oral chemo nightly.

Week of (12/6-12/12): Final dose of Peg (which means no more blood-thinning shots three weeks after this dose), and IV-Vincristine. I will most likely need blood and platelet transfusions early in this week as I recover from the ARA-C shots. This week will be rough, but my body will begin to recover and I will be on the road to maintenance!

No comments:

Post a Comment