Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

First thing's first - yesterday was Thanksgiving.
I honestly am simply thankful to be alive. I was diagnosed with a life-threatening cancer seven months ago, and as corny as it may sound, I am so thankful for the small things in life, just to wake up and be alive. My experiences with leukemia throughout 2009 have taught me many things, but I think the most powerful thing I will take away from this experience is that.

I got the four shots of Ara-C this week, and all the other stuff on Tuesday. My expectations were for me to feel crappy, and even though I have, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be. Is my body finally just used to this nasty toxic stuff floating around now? I hope not... it's just not natural. Nevertheless, I've conquered one week. One more to go next week.













I wrote this down today. Much of this has been part of my life mantra for a while now. Other parts have been definitively shaped by leukemia.

Seek out beauty everyday.
Don't take anybody's sh*t.
Speak your mind.
Fight for what you believe in.
Reject negativity.
Make your dreams come true.
Embrace those you love.
Be thankful for life, for it is a gift.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU! I too am thankful you are alive. You have been so strong through this ordeal. Your time is coming soon:)

    ReplyDelete