Thursday, October 29, 2009

Karma Doesn't Like Sarcasm

Last night we had a little adventure...

I started skipping heart beats last night while I was watching my late night shows. My oncologist wanted me to go get everything checked out at the Emergency Room because of my history with the pulmonary embolism and other heart issues back during the first month of treatment.

After basically a night of no sleep, a crappy ER bed, and a morning of a bunch of tests... the good news is that it is nothing serious. It is most likely the Doxorubicin drug... but - just my luck! - neither the oncologists nor the cardiologist who checked me out believe that it is harmful enough to hold my next two (and final) doses these next two weeks of the drug. I'm going to be wearing a heart monitor on Tuesday and Wednesday to make sure.

We got to the ER last night around midnight and left the oncology floor around noon today. None of us got any sleep and I just woke up after sleeping for four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment