Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ups & Downs

This phase has been a mixed blessing. While I would hesitate to use the phrase that I have "felt good" at any point since April, this phase has been less intense than the previous two. That said, I still have lots of issues going on (I can read some of your minds - what else is new). Since you really want to know, the chemo drugs I am currently on cause constipation. It has also caused some stomach pain (stomach cramps, or irritation of the organ). When that is happening, my appetite has been less but it has generally stayed up. Headaches and body aches have been frequent. Nausea has not been such an issue the past couple weeks which I have been grateful for. And finally, and completely unrelated to cancer, my allergies have been really bad. I begin the last phase before Maintenance in just a few weeks. The light is at the end of the tunnel... or something like that. Hey - have I mentioned that my friend is running a marathon in January to help raise money for leukemia and lymphoma? Thank you for all your love, help, and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment