Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chemo Sucks

Thursday I got chemo and felt decent afterward. Yesterday I was nauseated and tired. Last night I got the hiccups a few times after dinner and my normal "dry heaves" or waves of random nausea got really bad... After my evening walk they didn't get better so I took a thorazine, which is the strongest anti-nausea drug I have which they also gave me in the hospital to try and stop my hiccups. Needless to say it knocked me out within an hour: my brother had to come turn off my TV, I didn't wake up to pee (which I always do) and I felt exhausted when I woke up after ten hours. This morning I played with my oatmeal and felt pretty crummy. My mom and I went to visit Natalie in the hospital, another leukemia patient with the doctors I have, who turns 15 today. Happy Birthday Natalie! After that, I was really hungry, and my brother and I split a pizza. (No oatmeal, but half a pizza? Welcome to chemo land). I fell asleep for almost three hours this afternoon. I now have a headache and feel really tired still. YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment